I AM NO LONGER ACCEPTING COMMISSIONS FOR 2018.
I would love the opportunity to make a quilt for you! Please take a look at the quilts in my gallery to get a feel for the type of quilts I make.
WHY DO I ASK YOU TO CHECK OUT MY QUILTS FIRST?
It’s simple, really. The quilts you see in my gallery are a sampling of my work chosen to give you an idea of my design aesthetic. My work usually includes:
1. Modern elements including:
- bold use of color
- alternate gridwork
- negative space
- improvisational piecing
- geometric shapes
- modern traditionalism (the use of traditional quilt blocks in modern ways including the aforementioned modern elements)
3. Solid fabrics, tone-on-tone prints, low-volume prints, blenders, basics, small prints
Things you typically will not see in my quilts:
1. Traditional designs, shabby chic, flowers, childlike designs, applique, fussy cutting
2. Pastels, Primitive colors, Civil War or other historical era colors & prints
3. Flowery prints, paisleys, baby or child prints, ornate prints, media prints (Disney princesses, cartoon characters, etc)
If the items in the first list appeal to you, fantastic! Let’s get started! Please continue reading the information on this page.
If you’re more intrigued by the items in the second list, then I may not be the right quilter for you. I am happy to recommend quilters who may better suit your design aesthetic. Please click here to request a referral.
HOW IT WORKS
The first step is simple. We discuss your vision, specifically theme and color. It’s ok if you’re not certain about anything. I will help you every step of the way. Of course, it’s great if you know exactly what you want..or anything in between!
Once I’ve got an idea of what you’d like, I will send you a design proposal including inspirational photos and three design options. (The first proposal is with my compliments. There may be a charge if additional proposals are required.)
After a design is selected, a quote will be submitted and a 50% deposit is required up-front. The balance is due upon completion, prior to shipping. My current turnaround time is 4 to 8 weeks and is based on the complexity of the quilt and my current workload.
A FEW WORDS ON PRICING
I do not offer ‘ballpark’ quotes. No two quilts are the same and each quote is based on a number of things including, but not limited to:
- the cost of materials
- I use only quilt shop quality cotton fabric, high quality thread, and natural fiber batting
- a limited selection of organics is available upon request
- complexity of the design and whether it is original or from a pattern
- estimated time needed to complete the quilt
Commission inquiries my be submitted here.